SRCE > Computer Science Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
About the Department:
- The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, at Sardar Raja College of Engineering, was established in 2000.
- The Department offers UG Programme- B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering and PG Programme- M.E. in Computer Science & Engineering.
- The curriculum of programmes has been designed to cater to the ever-changing needs and demands of the Software Industry as well as Research organizations with a proper blend of Professional core and Industry demand electives.
- The Department works in the core domain of Computer Science under which various activities related to the Research and Development of Students and Faculties are carried out.
- The Department has excellent Infrastructure and Computing facilities supported by high-speed Internet and Wireless Networks.
About the Program:
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is an academic curriculum that combines the fields of Computer Engineering and Computer Science. It is one of the most popular courses among Engineering Students. Computer Science Engineering is an Enthralling and Unique Innovative subject that encourages Students to pursue Creativity and Technology. The course covers a wide range of subjects such as Software Engineering, Networking, Distributed Databases, Information Processing, Programming Languages, and various other Topics.
There are ample Job Opportunities in Computer Science Engineering as it is one of the fastest-growing industries today. Pursuing a career in Computer Science and Engineering is a smart decision as the IT sector is booming and Skilled Professionals are required across Diverse Industries.
Computer Science Courses often help Students develop high Quantitative and Analytical capabilities that can be extended to a variety of Technical Fields. As a result, Computer Science jobs can be found in any Industry, including Education, Health, Banking, Trading, Science, Manufacturing, and Transportation. Software is being developed for every area, and Computer Scientists are in charge of streamlining the work of each of them.
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering Fundamentals, and Engineering Specialization to the solution of Complex Engineering problems.
Problem analysis: Identity, Formulate, review Research literature, and Analyze Complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principles of Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Engineering Sciences.
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and Design System components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for Public Health and Safety, Cultural, Societal, and Environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use Research-based knowledge and Research methods including design of Experiments, Analysis and Interpretation of Data, and Synthesis of the Information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage: Create, Select, and apply appropriate Techniques, Resources, and Modern Engineering and IT tools including Prediction and modelling to Complex Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess Societal, Health, Safety, Legal and Cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the Professional Engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of Professional Engineering solutions in Societal and Environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the Engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an Individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in Multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on Complex Engineering activities with the Engineering community and with Society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective Reports and Design Documentation, make Effective Presentations, and give and receive Clear Instructions.
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering and Management Principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage Projects and in Multidisciplinary Environments.
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in Independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of Technological Change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Apply their Technical competence in Computer Science to solve Real-world problems, with Technical and People leadership.
- Conduct cutting-edge Research and develop solutions to problems of Social relevance.
- Work in a Business environment, exhibiting Team skills, Work Ethics, Adaptability and Lifelong Learning.
- Data Structures Laboratory
- Object-Oriented Programming Laboratory
- Data Science Laboratory
- Operating Systems Laboratory
- Database Management Systems Laboratory
- The Faculty members are grouped under Five broad Specializations – Hardware, Artificial Intelligence, Embedded, Networking and Software Engineering.
- They have been engaged in Research in all the classical areas of Computer Science & Engineering and upcoming areas too. The academic activities are supported by six Computer labs.
- Faculty are fully dedicated on helping students to research on different areas of Computer Science & Engineering.
SRCE’S Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) has over 1,700 Alumni living across India and throughout the World. Some even continue to graduate high-quality Scientists, Engineers and Researchers at the PhD, and MS levels.